The Danner Flashpoint II 10″ Work Boots were made for wildland firefighters and smokejumpers who needed the toughest, safest, most comfortable boot that human hands could build. To make it happen, they used Vibram Fire Logger outsoles, special Nomex stitching, and fire-retardant leather. Danner put these pieces together in a boot that was designed for exceptional comfort, fit, and durability. Vibram 360 Degree Fire Logger outsole is designed for fire and abrasion resistance with substantial edging and superior traction. Danner source the best materials from around the world and utilized some construction work overseas before shipping partially assembled components to Portland Oregon to be finished. This allows Danner to bring you a less expensive USA made boot without compromising the quality you expect.
How it fits:
The 74 last is designed specifically for traditional logger style boots containing a removable footbed. It offers a standard profile with a more regular fit. Boots on this last tend to fit true to size. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, Danner recommends ordering an “EE” (wide) or “EEEE” (extra wide) in this style.
Steel Shank and NFPA 1977: 2016 edition certified
- Flashpoint leather is fire, puncture and water-resistant
- Nomex stitching is fire-resistant and triple stitched for superior endurance
- 90º heel adds safety on steep terrain, when climbing in/out of equipment, and use with tools
- Vibram 360 Degree Fire Logger outsole was designed for fire and abrasion resistance
- Recraftable with a stitchdown construction