45/70 Lever Action Rifle
With the 45/70 Lever Action Rifle, there are few things as deeply ingrained into American firearms culture as a lever-action .45-70 rifle, especially when it’s made right here on U.S. soil. It evokes images and fantasies of days past while still being wholly capable in the hands of a modern hunter. The Lever Action X Model .45-70 borrows all that nostalgia and crams it into a feature-packed modern big bore rifle that begs to be put through the wringer.
Tough synthetic furniture provides a lightweight and worry-free alternative to our typical hardwood and accommodates in-line sling swivel studs, a Picatinny rail, and M-Lok accessory slots on the forestock. The solid rubber recoil pad ensures that the buttstock won’t slip and slide around while shooting a cartridge that can take down even the largest game in the world. The blued steel barrel is topped off with fiber optic sights for quick target acquisition and the muzzle end is threaded (5/8×24 pitch) to accept a suppressor or any other muzzle device you choose. Continuing with the theme of modularity, the rifle’s receiver is drilled and tapped to accept your choice of optics.
You can get this rifle today as from $829.99. Remember you may wish to add some extra armor we recommend you let us know when purchasing.
Firearm Specifications 45/70 Lever Action Rifle
- Caliber: 45–70 Gov’t.
- Capacity: 4–shot tubular magazine
- Action: Lever action; side ejection; stainless steel receiver, barrel, lever, trigger guard plate, magazine tube and loading gate. Hammer block safety.
- American black walnut straight-grip stock; cut checkering; ventilated recoil pad; tough Mar-Shield® finish; swivel studs.
- Barrel: 18.5 in. with deep-cut Ballard-type rifling (6 grooves).
- Twist Rate: 1:20 r.h.
- Sights: Adjustable semi-buckhorn folding rear, ramp front sight with brass bead and Wide-Scan™ hood. Solid top receiver tapped for scope mount; offset hammer spur (right or left hand) for scope use.
- Overall Length: 37 in.
- Weight: 7 lbs.